Monday, May 11, 2009

UGH! Sound the Alarm.

Trouble in paradise.
Im at my wits end. It all started the saturday before last when I worked 9-6 at the pet store. That was the longest Dexter went without breastfeeding. He takes a bottle like a champ and that exactly our problem at the momen. So much so that my supply started taking a turn for the worst. Thanks to a weekend of power pumping EVERY hour its back but he just won't nurse. The only time I can get him on in at his 6am half assleep feed. Otherwise he screams bloody murder at the mere sight of my boob! Goodness. I called a lactation consultant and got little help. She just said keep trying.

So far I have tried
  • Warm bath with baby. (supposed to induce nursing) Ha!
  • Nursing in motion (worked 1 day until he wised up)
  • Nursing when sleepy( our best bet so far) Ive tricked him a handful of times.
  • Pumping first to induce let down. (end up with a mad baby covered in milk) lol
Sigh, so we are going to keep trying. Today we have gone bottle free except for 5 ounces this morning. And Ive gotten him to latch twice for 3 minutes each time. I think out of mere starvation. So I dont think the technique is going to work. But I know he got milk both times. Hes also been sleeping a ton today. Then again thats probably from all the crying we have both done. If we havent made any progress in a few days Im going to just quit and pump only. Im afraid our little breastfeeding team is coming to an end. On the other hand I just dont want to give it up that easy. Just because my lil son is soooo stubborn. There has to be a way to fix this. Pray for us. Pray I dont lose my mind:)

Oh yeah my mothers day was nice! I drank alot of wine to soothe away my sorrow.
If you have any tips you think might help let me know!

No comments: