Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Threw in the towel....

So...it was going better. But not becoming easier.
After a whole week of being frustrated, fussy, and sharing a bucket of tears I had to make the hard decision to just let breastfeeding go. And thats okay. I will have another baby in a couple years and can do it again and maybe not make the same mistakes that led us in this path.
I do know that I looooove my little guy. And breastfeeding was the best bonding experience for the first 3 months or so. When it evolved into this difficult situation though I started Hating it. We got so off track. Its only fair to both of us that it just ends.
Trying to get him back to the breast only was keeping him from getting full, not having enough wet diapers, crying and fussiness, suddenly not sleeping through the night. Uggh I can go on. And how can I forget that hes got a little tooth on the bottom thats just right under the gums coming through. It just adds to the frustration. Im grieving not breastfeeding. But hey, Ill get over it. Time to enjoy my son. I wont lose a minute more to this frustration. I tried and I tried HARD!

In other news, Im sending positive thoughts to my great "aunt" Nancy<3 She is having Emergency surgery for cancer of the colon in the morning. Shes just the sweetest lady ever. A real Pistol!

No comments: