Monday, March 9, 2009

5 weeks old and growing

My little guy is growing soo fast. He weighs in at 12lbs now. Thats 4 and a half pounds gained since birth!!! EEk…hopefully it slows down a bit. I wanna keep him small. HEs Smiling up a storm when you talk or sing to him. I cant carry a tune too well but he loves it:) And hes working on holding his head up and can for a minute or two before it tuckers him out.

The nights are getting easier. Now that weve figured out breastfeeding enough to nurse at night in bed. It makes the night fly by. And we arent waking up for tooo long in between. I love it. We had started out giving alot of formula on top of pumping because i was having some latch problems with the little guy. But about 2 weeks ago we spent a whole day trying to get it right and we succeded. so now im just pumping when i want to have a bottle on hand for going out n about. And weve been formula free for several days. Wish us luck on this….its so much cheaper than buying formula. And something I truly wanted to accomplish.

In other news…my Darling niece had her First Birthday a week ago. And it was sooo much fun. I love that little girl sooo very much. And im so happy to of been a part of her special day.

And in 3 weeks we are taking a big roadtrip to Phoenix Az. For a family reunion. I cant wait to go back there its been a long while. Ive missed all my family soooo very very much. Im excited to take Cody and Dexter. Since neither have been obviously. Its such a beautiful area, mountains and lakes and all that fun.

Anyways my little sugar pie is waking up…i better run off to him<3

No comments: